Anxiety is hard. Your day to day can be riddled with exhausting worry that stacks and piles like an echo chamber and makes simple tasks almost impossible to do.
You can find relief. Together, we can find a plan to help you reduce your anxiety, get restful sleep, find the underlying factors of your anxiousness and leave you with a clear image of where anxiety no longer commands your days.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy can be the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy – as opposed to anxiety medication – treats more than just symptoms to the problem. It goes into the root and helps you identify triggers and factors and begin the resolution of them
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you suffer from an anxiety disorder, I invite you to contact me today for a free consultation.